In order to demonstrate our commitment to grassroots efforts to promote the use, expansion and protection of trails in greater Chattanooga, beginning in 2011 Wild Trails will distribute grants over two funding cycles, one in the Winter and one in the Summer.
Each funding cycle, Wild Trails will award 5 grants up to $2000.
We will make grants to projects of registered 501 (c)(3) organizations that meet the following criteria:
How to Apply
- The project should promote the use, protection, and/or expansion of trails in greater Chattanooga
- The project should be measurable and attainable with specific goals, objectives, and action plans
- The project should benefit all trail user groups
- The project should have a relatively short time frame for completion - 6 months to 2 years
- The project should encourage volunteerism and civic involvement
Please submit proposal electronically with the following information. Limit 3-5 pages.
Wild Trails Grant Proposal
* Name of Organization
* Contact Person
* Contact Email Address
* Website Address
* Total Membership
* Annual Operating Budget
* Tax Status
* Organizational Purpose/Mission Statement
* Project Name
* Project Budget
* Amount Requested from Wild Trails
* Once sentence vision statement for this project
* Please provide a short (2-3 paragraph) summary of your proposal that includes project goals, projected outcomes, and a brief explanation of how you would use Wild Trails funding.
* What measurable outcomes do you hope to achieve through this project?
Submit proposals in text document format to email@example.com on or before deadlines listed below.
Wild Trails will conduct two funding cycles annually. Deadlines for those cycles are:
Proposals due by December 15th
Grants announced by February 15th
Proposals due by June 15th
Grants announced August 15th
* Interim report due by August 15th
* Final report due by February 15th
* Interim report due by February 15th
* Final report due by August 15th
How To Apply